Monday, July 30, 2007

July 27 2007 (Friday)

Last night was a really exciting walk as we made our way into Toronto. We started in the Mississauga area and walked towards downtown Toronto. The guys on dayshift actually already made it all the way to the centre of downtown Toronto, so what we were doing last night was a bit of "extra" walking. We intended to make it all the way into downtown (therefore doubling our witnessing in the city of Toronto by walking into it twice) but didn't get quite that far. Still, I was really excited, first of all because Toronto is an impressively large and active city, and also because it was the first time I've been to Toronto in a year. I went to the University of Toronto for my first year of university, in the downtown campus, so I definitely know Toronto quite well. When we finished walking in the morning, we drove around a bit (Greg wanted to see the Royal Ontario Museum building, which looks like a giant crystal, recently constructed), and I got to get a glimpse at Queen's Park (which is at the centre of UofT). Lots of memories there. This weekend I am also looking forward to perhaps meeting up with some people I know, especially my second cousin Mairin who is coming out to join us Saturday evening at some of our activities.
After we finished walking, we hightailed it to our host family, who received us very well. We went to sleep, and when we got up at 4 we got to meet with a bunch of youth from the local youth group they have here (called Gethsemane ministries). They were an amazing bunch, and took us out to dinner before we went to their youth rally that night. There were hundreds of people there! Greg, Jeremy and I gave each our own (inspirational) talk to the youth, and then we sang songs and listened to Scripture and such. It was a fun night.

No comments: