Monday, July 30, 2007

July 28 2007 (Saturday)

This weekend is going to be busy! This morning we got up and drove out to meet the daywalkers (who stayed the night at another host family). From there we proceeded to go to one of the Torontan abortion clinics and prayed out there for an hour. Then we again split from the other group, and Greg Jeremy Ben and I went to St. Benedict parish to meet up with a priest - we just talked with him and ate some cake together. Then was some adoration (of which they have perpetual adoration 24 hours a day all week except for a while on Saturdays and Sundays). We went to Mass, Ben gave a speech, and it was there that I met up with my relative from Ireland Mairin. Oh yes, and the church was very beautiful. The priest at the end of the Mass got all of us Crossroads walkers to stand up at the front, and he was so enthusiastic about us that he got the whole congregation to sing Oh Canada!
Afterwards we went to a quick BBQ at our second host families' place and then made our way to the Right to Life swingdancing night that we were invited to . It was in downtown Toronto. I enjoyed it because when I got there I met up with a lot of people that I knew from when I went to UofT. I knew at least 4 or 5 people there, and I got to do a lot of catching up with people and with how the Students for Life group and the COMPASS (Catholic) group were doing. Plus, watching people swingdance was fun. We got there a little too late for the swingdancing lessons, however (not too unfortunately).

No comments: