Sunday, August 5, 2007

August 1 2007 (Wednesday)

Hi everyone,
So we are nearing the Quebec border, and the farther East we go the hotter it seems to become! We've had some scorchers this week, with temperatures of 33 celcius today and will be 34 tomorrow. On the humidex, supposedly, it's over 40. It's been nice though, walking in such nice weather. We're also now walking alongside the St. Lawrence river, so we know that we're close to Quebec.
So we are walking along highway 2 (as somebody asked me about), and as we approach Montreal we will take highway 22, I believe. I'm sorry if I can't give much info about what roads we're on, since really I'm not even sure if the walk leader knows until we get there. Especially going into Toronto it seemed like we were taking smaller roads off the main highway (I suppose it's safer that way).
One thing that I've noticed as we approach Quebec is how beautiful all the churches are becoming - even ones in little towns along the way. Just the paintings and size, statues, and structure, its very impressing. As you all know, this walk is a pilgrimage, so this weekend we'll for sure be checking out lots of churches in Montreal.
Bye for now,
Etienne

No comments: