Sunday, August 12, 2007

August 11 2007 - LAST DAY!

Hi everyone!

We have made it to Ottawa! We finished our walk today on Parliament Hill, ending the 12th week of our 3-month walk across Canada. I am very thankful that we made it here safely, that we were blessed with the perseverance and strength we needed to take every step along the way. A big thank you goes out to everyone who supported us by their prayers, their hospitality, generosity, to our host families, my friends and family and all who supported us along the way. It is thanks to all of your support that Crossroads was successful this year in its first walk across Canada, and that our walk was fruitful in taking steps to put an end to abortion in Canada. We have met so many people along the way, raising our voices for those who have none, and have given great witness to the pro-life message. But this is just the beginning for me, as this walk motivates me to do ever more to try to change hearts and minds and put an end to abortion. It is my hope that Crossroads also inspires others to do more, whether politically, socially, or prayerfully, to put an end to abortion.
So, that said, I will wrap up what happened today as we walked into Ottawa. So we got started walking this morning at 9am, and walked into Ottawa, down Sussex drive to the PM's house, then back up all the way to Parliament. As we approached, we saw a big crowd there, and suddenly they started applauding and cheering. They were there for us! What an amazing sight it was, and what a warm welcome we received. Beyond all my expectations. There, we were greeted by Pierre Lemieux, a conservative pro-life politician for the Glen-Carrie-Prescott-Russel ridding. We had a bit of a ceremony - he presented us with certificates of achievement and a Canadian flag. Cyril gave a little talk, and to top it all off we were given a tour of Parliament.
At the moment, I will soon be heading to the airport. I want to thank all you who took an interest in my blog and who supported the Crossroads pro-life group. Let us continue working for justice and for an end to abortion in Canada and around the world.
Etienne

4 comments:

none said...

Hi, I wrote a comment 2 weeks ago but did not receive an answer. For next year, would you mind giving the route that you're planning to take please? Thanks so much.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

lol your jkz, send me naked pics

Pro-choice said...

If you can't trust a woman with a choice, how can you trust her with a baby?