Saturday, June 23, 2007

June 22 2007 (Friday)

Today was pretty much the first real day off we've had this trip, because as I said we didn't walk today, and we didn't have any parishes to speak to. But I sort of wished we were walking, because we spent a good part of the day just driving back to Regina, and waiting in the van since we couldn't get to the house till 4pm (which is when we were allowed in). Oh well, tomorrow should be more interesting - we are praying outside the Regina General Hospital. Also, we have 6 parishes to talk to this weekend (that's the most we've had yet), which means that each one of us will have our own parish to talk to. My parish shall be Blessed Sacrament. So I will give my own little talk tomorrow and Sunday, as I have already done many times already. The speech that Cyril gave us is pretty straightforward - we just tell the parishoners what we are doing, and why we are doing it. Then we ask for 3 things: for people's prayer intentions, for donations, and for people to become more active in the pro-life movement. This weekend I think I'm going to emphasize what Mother Theresa said, that "if people spent an hour a week in Eucharistic adoration, abortion would be ended". Bye for now,

Etienne

2 comments:

EternaLee said...

Keep doing what you're doing! You're making a difference. We need to wake people up to our modern-day institutionalized and tragic killing of our unborn.

I hope you enjoyed watching the greatest team in the CFL beat the Stamps yesterday. Go Riders go!

none said...

Hi, I was wondering that when you hit Ontario. Will you be travelling near the 401? If so, how far east on the 401 will you be going to? Thanks.