Saturday, June 30, 2007

June 29 2007 (Friday)

Today we entered into the Canadian Shield! Its strange how quickly the scenery changes from flat prairie land to rocky and hilly woodland. I like it though, it reminds me a bit of BC. It ought to be like this for much of Ontario. Speaking of which, Greg and I got to the Ontarian border this morning. Feels sort of strange, we already reached Ontario 6 weeks into the trip. Officially now, we are half way done the trip - another 6 weeks will get us through Ontario, into Montreal, and back to Ottawa. Four provinces down, two to go.
Tonight I arrived at my host family in Winnipeg - the Desilets family. They are a very active pro-life family (Anna Desilet was manager for Alliance for Life and has been working hard in this field since the 60s). They are also french-speaking.

No comments: